when an exam is too difficult
Even when these guys married, they still married someone who dealt with this stuff solo. There might be stories and gripe sessions, but they tended to try to equate some part of their experience to the woman’s. Sure, you’re told to be beautiful, but I’m told to lift heavy things! Same, right?
Then, they had daughters.
Kids are very good at not dealing with their own shit. It’s not their job. It’s yours. Suddenly, you’re shoved into a toy aisle where there’s nary a Lego or car or building block, but instead, rows and rows of dead-eyed dolls. You realize how hard it is to find play clothes for a girl, because everything seems to be optimized for ‘cute’ rather than ‘comfort.’ You hear people compliment your daughter only on how pretty she is, and never on how smart or clever she is.
The girl goes to school, and you watch how she’s never called on. You hear someone insult someone else by calling them ‘a girl’, and it stings. Your little girl is awesome! She’s brave and smart and funny! Why would anyone use that as an insult? Then, you remember all the times you did it.And then, you realize that, all along, you’ve been a part of the problem."
IF SOMEONE MAKES YOU FEEL BAD FOR THE BANDS YOU LISTEN TO OR THE WAY YOU TAKE YOUR COFFEE OR HOW YOU WEAR YOUR HAIR OR WHAT YOU WEAR OR THE WAY YOUR LAUGH SOUNDS THEN FUCKING DROP THEM LIKE THE PIECE OF SHIT THEY ARE AND GO FIND SOMEONE WHO THINKS YOUR LAUGH SOUNDS LIKE THE BEST GODDAMN SONG THEY’VE EVER HEARD AND OFFERS TO MAKE YOUR COFFEE FOR YOU AND THINKS YOU DRESS LIKE ART
blacklacepumpkinwarrior asked: HI YOU FUCKER
1. First impression: she is so scary
2. Truth is: lol. I can’t even take this seriously man you are like my bff
3. How old do you look: probably like 20 in work clothes and like 12 with your hair up and in your dressing gown
4. Have you ever made me laugh: no
5. Have you ever made me mad: actually not
6. Best feature: you are the best (that’s a feature now)
7. Have I ever had a crush on you: no phew!
8. You’re my: mumma lioness
9. Name in my phone: megan lioness
10. Should you post this too? you have done already so shhh
ps. sorry it’s crap i am supposed to be writing an essay
my name in your phone are you fucking kidding me
somuchmorethanthis asked: OOOOHH DO ME TOO DO ME DO ME
1. First impression: ‘woah this girl makes fucking great gifs’
2. Truth is: first impression was correct and also awwww
3. How old do you look: i don’t think i’ve ever seen you!
4. Have you ever made me laugh: yeah :)
5. Have you ever made me mad: nope!
6. Best feature: idk man you’re really sweet
7. Have I ever had a crush on you: nah!
8. You’re my: person who i reblog and just keep it to stare :’) welllll your posts are like 50% of my drafts tbh i reblogged a fuckload there ages ago because i didn’t wanna spam and now they’re just chillin’ there beautifully
9. Name in my phone: would be your actual name because it’s the coolest!
10. Should you post this too? yeah go for it!
lecterswench asked: wait I want one too! HI
oh jesus :’)
1. First impression: ‘ha ha hahahah she’s on s4 of x files i can’t wait to watch this breakdown/oh she sent me a drunken message THIS IS GONNA BE A BEAUTIFUL ROMANCE’
2. Truth is: it IS a beautiful romance/you’ve made me publicly gross and slushy/our bras are made of root beer but our souls are iced tea
3. How old do you look: your age? maybe!
4. Have you ever made me laugh: many many tears of laughter have been shed dear god.
5. Have you ever made me mad: yes i have been driven quite mad with love
6. Best feature: i tried to actually think of a serious answer but it’s just? how? how do i deconstruct the wonderfulness and pick one aspect NAH
7. Have I ever had a crush on you: you’re the woman of my dreams ;) ;) ;)
8. You’re my: cheesecake partner/german wife/grandma/the g to my g/light of my life fire of my loins/wall sister
9. Name in my phone: oh my god actually boobmate
10. Should you post this too? fuckin right!